Sunday 7 August 2011

Bit.Trip Runner - Fuck You, Mingrawn Timbletot

Bit.Trip Runner came out May 17, 2010. I bought it the week it came out because it looked really fun.

I still haven't beaten the first boss.

There are three worlds in Runner, each with 11 levels and a boss. On the levels, you have to get the best score possible by dodging obstacles, destroying crystals, using spring pads, collecting gold and collecting bonus items. On the bosses, it's all about dodging what they throw (literally) at you and then kicking them to damage them when you have the opportunity.

Or, at least, I think that's what you do. It seems that way with Mingrawn Timbletot, but who knows about the later levels.

I don't know how much time I've put into this game over the past year and a half, so I started over. I got to the boss with relative ease. And then got stuck, again.

I can do the first two thirds pretty much blindfolded. But after damaging him twice he gets pissed and fires a bunch of rapid-fire spaceships at me, and I can't get the timing down no matter what I do.

I think I'll probably end up spending my entire 5 hours at this one boss.

Fuck you, Mingrawn Timbletot.

No comments:

Post a Comment