Sunday 3 July 2011

Wipeout HD: Or How I Learned I Suck At Games

I got Wipeout HD during the 'Welcome Back' phase of PSN's reboot. I can't play it very often, as I don't have a PS3 at mine.

I spent a couple hours on it last night, and I am incredibly suprised at just how much I suck. Even on the Novice difficulty, with Pilot Assist on, I am having difficulty getting even Bronze on some levels. There's one track in particular that I can't get above sixth with any regularity. Is it just me, or is this game ultra hard?

Don't get me wrong, I am absolutely loving my time with the game so far (mostly; there have been moments of frustration). The racing is great, I love the time trials, and the music is awesome. I genuinely think this is a game probably everyone should play at least once - especially the zone levels. The zone levels are something special indeed. Your ship accelerates automatically and you have to survive for as long as possible. The joy in it though, is that it feels like you're in Tron.

It almost makes me a little sad to think that I didn't give any money to the developers for it - I'll have to buy the game new or something.

No comments:

Post a Comment