Saturday 25 June 2011

Earth 2140 - Savegame Frustration

I started playing Earth 2140 today - on Easy, mindful of how much I suck at RTS games. A few thoughts.

The music is ripped straight from the 80's. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that the developers just turned on the Magic music channel and just held the microphone up to the TV. It's a little strange, destroying my enemies to smooth jazz.

One of the units sounds like he's saying 'boner' when you direct it to move. This makes me chuckle every time. Yes, I am 5 years old.

Maybe this is because I haven't read the manual, but I have no idea what's going on. The main menu gives me two icons to pick from and no guidance as to which campaign is easier, who they are, why they're fighting each other, or even names! As far as I know, I'm the reddies, fighting the blueies because the blueies invaded my base one time.

And finally, how the bloody hell do you save? I clicked the save button, named my save, but as soon as I click outside the little box, the name dissapears and the slot is empty. I lost 5 missions of progress due to this and my googling is fruitless.

It's pretty cool, but needless to say, unless I can find out how to save, Earth 2140 is going in the 'broken' pile.

No comments:

Post a Comment